Papers and Preprints
- On a Theorem of Peter Scott. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 142 (2014) pp 2891-2906.
- Residual Finiteness Growths of Virtually Special Groups. Math. Z. 279 (2015), no. 1-2, pp 297-310. (with K. Bou-Rabee and M.F. Hagen)
- On the Residual Finiteness Growths of Particular Hyperbolic Manifold Groups. Geom Dedicata. 185 (2016) Issue 1, pp 87-103.
- Quantifying separability in virtually special groups. Pacific J. Math. 284-1 (2016), pp 103-120. (with M.F. Hagen)
- Zariski closures and Subgroup Separability. Selecta Math. 23 (2017) Issue 3, pp 2019-2027. (with L. Louder and D.B. McReynolds)
- Building hyperbolic metrics suited to closed curves and applications to lifting simply. Math. Res. Lett. 24 (2017), no. 3, pp 593-617 (with T. Aougab, J. Gaster, and J. Sapir)
- Algebraic and topological properties of big mapping class groups. Algebr. Geom. Topol. 18-7 (2018), 4109-4142. (with N. Vlamis)
- The first integral cohomology of pure mapping class groups. Int. Math. Res. Notices. 2020-22 (2020), 8973-8996. (with J. Aramayona and N. Vlamis)
- Effective virtual and residual properties of some arithmetic hyperbolic 3-manfiolds. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 373 (2020), no. 11, 8219-8257. (with J. Deblois and N. Miller)
- Covers of surfaces, Kleinian groups, and the curve complex. (with T. Aougab and S. Taylor)
- Isometry groups of infinite-genus hyperbolic surfaces. (with T. Aougab and N. Vlamis) Math. Ann. 381(1) 459-498 (2021)
- Free products from spinning and rotating families. (with M. Bestvina, R. Dickmann, G. Domat, S. Kwak, and E. Stark) Enseign. Math.
- Stable Commutator Length on Big Mapping Class Groups. (with E. Field and A. Rasmussen)
- Infinite-type loxodromic isometries of the relative arc graph. (with C. Abbott and N. Miller)
- Finding and combining indicable subgroups of big mapping class groups. (with C. Abbott, H. Hoganson, M. Loving, and R. Skipper)
Here is an open problem list on infinite-type surfaces (last updated on 10/22/21).
Here is a feature my college did on me.
Here is a feature my department did on my pathway in mathematics.